So, you finally got the ring!! Whoop Whoop (que Beyoncé dance!)
Now what? Everyone is throwing advice at you left, right and centre, whether you've asked for it or not. We are here to add our pennies worth with our top tips to getting the biggies nailed.
1) Firstly, set the date, this can be really tough. In the end Mr Cocco and I picked a date by flicking through the calendar on our smart phone. Remember, a short engagement may sound like a nice idea but if you've got your heart set on a venue or photographer, the top people could already be booking two years ahead so get on it and don't announce your 1st THE date as it could well change as you hit tip number 2!!!
2) Contact your top 2 immediately! Venue & Photographer and don't be surprised if you have to alter your date to get the place you want.
3) Book the time off work! (Not very exciting but important!)
4) Contact your stylist. Making sure you look your best on your big day and being surrounded by people you trust is key. Secure your date & ask for a price guide, until you know exactly how many are in your bridal party, the quote won’t be set in stone, however, you can get a rough idea from your salon. (See our hair tips below)
5) Choose your bffs to be your bridesmaids and dish out the jobs!!!
Cake, Cars, Flowers, Save The Date.... Harp or Piano???!!!
It's so easy to get carried away with it all and a small intimate day on a shoestring can soon snowball into a formal sit-down meal for 200!
Jot down your dream day from the beginning and whenever you feel like you’re getting carried away, refer to it or it can turn into your aunt Edna’s perfect day! I've overheard relatives with the purse strings at so many wedding fayres offering to pay for things that 'they' want not what the bride and groom want.
Anyway.... Let's get back to the hair...
Top 5 Wedding Hair Tips
1) Reserve the date, don't worry too much about the detail or style at this point, rough numbers are all we need, to book out the right number of stylists, therapists or makeup artist needed on the day.
2) I always like my bride to have picked the dress before we talk hair styles. The neck line and proportions of the dress will influence the choice of hairstyle for the day. So, I usually start talking styles 3 months before the big day. See tip 4 about getting your hair in great shape!
3) Hair accessories and jewellery. You want them to all work together, I like my brides to show me their jewellery if possible (just a picture is fine) It's important not to over embellish if the dress is already very detailed. The whole look has to flow and work together, balance is very important for a bride so it's important you stylist knows as much as possible about your vision for the day.
4) Hair condition and colour. This needs to start as early as possible, although I don't like to talk too much about style until nearer the date, most women will know if they need to grow their hair or not. I like to prescribe a home care regime to get the hair in optimum condition for the big day and discuss colour. If we are going to want lighter hair i need to know about it asap!
5) Take professionals advice! We know it's your big day, but those pictures could haunt you forever if you get it wrong. It's so important you choose people you trust 100% because you need to be able to take advice from the professionals you choose to take care of you. I regularly hear a bride wanting to make the hair smaller or make up subtler, but be careful... Once your dress is on, if your hair proportions aren't correct to balance the size of your full skirt you could look like a pea head and all dress. If you don't go that little bit darker with your foundation you could look washed out from the flash photography... Choose professionals who are experienced, strong enough and care enough to ensure you look the best version of you on the day and most importantly whom you trust!
Hayley Hudson x
Choose professionals who are experienced, strong enough and care enough to ensure you look the best version of you on the day and most importantly whom you trust! HH
Hayley Styling Beautiful Anna