The spring shoots are finally poking through! Boy are we ready for summer... It's that time of year to start cleaning out cupboards, taking bags to the charity shop & shaving your legs! Summer is on its way... but not soon enough, hop online and get something booked for a cheeky bit of spring sunshine, if you haven't already and then it's time to prep for that bikini like you never prepped before.
Spring holidays are amazing and dreadful in equal measure, ok if your Mrs body confident or you hit the gym all year round but for the vast number of women, even on a good day we stress about our bodies. Whether it be a mummy tummy or hairy toes, whatever it is we've all got that one thing that we think of in the run up to a holiday... Who are we competing with? Ourselves, I think because most of our partners don't care about our wobbly bits, in fact there just supper happy we will be shedding the 2 pairs of socks, fluffy slipper boots, pyjama and dressing gown ensemble we've been hibernating in all winter. Oh, and we might actually shave our legs, not just our ankles or the bits people can see if we cross our legs 🤣😮
If you wonder every year why the beautiful ones manage to look so good by the pool each year and you resemble Ursula from The Little Mermaid rather than Ursula Andress emerging from the sea, then read on…..
Looking great on holiday is all about preparation, but it doesn’t have to be hair work, leave it to the professionals!
What Pre-Holiday Treatments Do These Goddesses Have?
LVL Lash Lift
Why? Because this fab treatment means you always look like you have mascara on. This two-stage treatment tints your lashes making them look thicker and fuller, then lifts your lashes from the roots, which makes them look longer and like they have mascara on. Results last around 6 weeks.
Why? Obviously to remove unwanted hair, but the results also last longer meaning you don’t have to shave on holiday. Most of our clients opt for full leg, bikini, under arm and brows. Waxing reduces hair growth with repetitive use and leaves skin feeling smoother for longer. Many women can feel self-conscious wearing a bathing suite or bikini, shaving the bikini area can leave soreness especially in warm humid weather as the razor can drag across the skin and it often needs to be done daily. Bikini waxing can be tailored just for you, whether you want it all off or just a little tidy on the sides. We have women of all ages shapes and sizes so don’t be embarrassed talking about your bikini area.
Why? To make your brow look thicker, more defined and will make your brow shape look better. Great for clients who have a lighter colour brow or finer hair, this treatment can really alter the eye shape and open the eye up to give a more youthful appearance. Even if you’re not sure you have enough hair for this if your very fair it’s worth asking, you might be surprise what can be done!
Why? Nothing says holiday like pretty, bright coloured nails! There are different options with nails, whether you opt for a natural mini pedi with varnish or shellac fingers and toes. If your needing additional length too, acrylic enhancements are a great durable solution. We personally recommend shellac for holidays as its longer lasting, you can expect up to 2 weeks of chip free perfect nails, we do have many ladies who get longer but we can’t promise!
Why? So you arrive with a healthy glow! Ever noticed how the plane on the flight out is full of pail endemic looking people except for the hand full of beautiful people? We they had a pre-holiday fake tan! By the time it fades they will have a beautiful natural glow from the sun, while you look red and flustered from trying to tan quickly and get rid of your milk bottle legs! Get a tan and use a high SPF cream while your in the sun so you get a more gentile exposure.
Michelle our super perfect beauty therapist with over 20 years’ experience working in the beauty industry.
Although we will say 10 years because 20 make us feel old!!!
We qualify young you know!
So, what are our top tips to help you prepare I hear you ask! We’ve put together a few tips from the top, well from Michelle!
1) Get your beauty appointments booked! Discuss with your therapist when and where you are going to plan your beauty visits ahead of your travels. Bear in mind some treatments must be done one separate days so if you want a tan but also want waxing this will take a little more planning. For some treatments such as LVL Lash Lift, an allergy test is required 48 hours prior to the service and do you need to grow any hair before you can wax it off?
2) Body Brush! Now it costs nothing, except a brush and you can start straight away, this is the no.1 secret to amazing skin. It helps to detox by improving circulation and removing toxins. Gets rid of dead skin cells and reduces cellulite! Forget the gym just stay home and brush all day!
3) Stay, Hydrated. Drink plenty of water, this will flush toxins from your body and hydrate your skin. Dehydrated skin often looks dry and increases the risk of ingrowing hairs or poor removal of hear when waxing as the wax can stick to the dry skin. Resulting in a more uncomfortable waxing session and less than perfect results. Dry skin also means your tan normally fades quicker too so get drinking!
4) Moisturise, use a body cream every day to keep your skin feeling extra soft, this will also help your fake tan apply more evenly giving you better results and regularly moisturising your tan will make it last longer, fake or real! We recommend Dermalogica skin care, speak with your therapist to find out the best for your skin.
5) Relax! By booking your Lashes, waxing, nails and tanning in you have less to pack, more time and will feel way more confident when you hit the pool, so get online and buy some holiday clothes! Not convinced? Don’t try and paint your nails in the taxi on the way to the airport after you had 3 hours sleep and were still packing at 1am, it looks s*$t ever time and when you see the airport goddess with the colour coordinated outfit, fab hair and heels at 6am you will regret it!
Keep an eye out for our perfect skin care post, coming soon!